Working under the overall guidance and supervision of the Senior MEAL/CRA Officer to facilitate the functional implementation of a Customer Response Assistant (CRA), the CRA officer is tasked with receiving phone calls, handling case referrals, and closing the feedback loop in alignment with SOP/MEAL strategy, information sharing, and data capturing.
Responsibilities include managing the complaints hotline and WhatsApp, conducting follow-up focus groups or spot-checks, especially with female clients. The officer is also responsible for registering received complaints/feedback into the tracker, reporting minor and major cases based on the approved SOP, and coordinating with relevant IRC departments for timely responses. Keeping clients informed about their complaints/feedback progress, registering and following up on complaints received by AWAAZ Afghanistan, and providing feedback and information for monthly/quarterly reports to project stakeholders are essential components of the role. The CRA officer will also communicate with the field MEAL team to address gaps, work closely with the Sr. MEAL Officer/Managers and MEAL Coordinator, and perform any job-relevant duties assigned by the direct supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in humanitarian assistance, social work, human rights, international law, social science, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years relevant experience in humanitarian contexts, with a preference for experience in engaging across organizations, in community services, or in change management and organizational change.
- Extensive expertise in delivering accountability mechanisms, as well as the capacity to support effective communication with clients and staff.
- Ability to package and communicate complex topics through written reports and presentations.
- Excellent facilitation skills and a strong understanding of collecting feedback safely and accurately from all community members.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, demonstrate self-initiative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficient in written and spoken English, Pashto, and Dari.
- Good communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills and competency in Word, Excel (data analysis and visualization), and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask professionally while meeting targets in a high-pressure environment.
For IRC- Afghanistan Internal Candidates:
(“ The IRC encourages employees to remain in a position for at least one year and be in good standing before applying for another position within the organization. if an employee is interested in a vacant position within the organization, he/she must inform his/her supervisor in advance before applying for a new position”)
(However, 1 year is a must to complete but to encourage IRCA employees somehow we are flexible who work in the current IRC position for at least 6 months or above and are given a chance to compete for an opportunity in the organization)
All qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions:
Applications received without a given link and/or online system will be disqualified and removed from the entire process.
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for interviews. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date, please know that your application has not been successful for the post. IRC Afghanistan Country Office, Qala-e-Fathullah, Street # 3, District 10, Old UNOCHA Office, Beside Fatemia Mosque.