Under the direct supervision of the Program Coordinator, the incumbent will assume responsibility for the following roles and duties:
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Oversee the overall management of SAM, MAM, IYCF, Iron and micronutrient distribution, TSFP, and IMAM in the HFs.
2. Assess the staff's level of knowledge and identify their training needs.
3. Monitor breastfeeding and breast-feeding substitutes in HFs.
4. Monitor Growth/Monitoring of all children and screen mothers' nutritional status at HFs and HPs.
5. Supervise Hygiene (latrines or toilets) and ensure safe drinking water in all HFs.
6. Provide high-quality technical support and on-the-job training in the field of nutrition and health to Health Facility Staff.
7. Conduct training in Nutrition and Health for Health facilities staff and, if necessary, for CHWs.
8. Encourage medical staff in daily malnutrition screening and proper nutritional consultation in health facilities.
9. Assist the technical team in setting target indicators for nutritional/health up to the end of the project.
10. Evaluate progress towards indicators and identify gaps against progress.
11. Ensure timely and appropriate reporting by Health facilities.
12. Disseminate updated policies and guidelines related to Nutrition to all Health Facility staff and Health Posts.
13. Ensure the availability of equipment required for quality Nutritional service provision in HFs.
14. Ensure every child under 5 undergoes growth monitoring and has a Growth monitoring chart.
15. Ensure every Pregnant and Lactating Woman (PLW) receives IYCF consultation in HFs and HPs in coordination with the reproductive health officer and CBHC Officer.
16. Coordinate with the Medical Doctor and Program Coordinator to ensure data and information are collected and entered into the database.
17. Assist the Program Coordinator in preparing quarterly reports by providing needed data and information.
18. Participate in meetings/workshops to upgrade technical and managerial knowledge.
19. Provide the BPHS Project Manager with monthly action plans and reports.
20. Support HFs and HPs in the application of Public Nutrition components of BPHS.
21. Build the capacity of Project Staff on Child Health and Public Nutrition components of BPHS.
22. Ensure the proper implementation of the Child Health and Public Nutrition components of BPHS in all HFs and HPs according to BPHS Guidelines.
23. Support the project management team in adopting a supportive supervision approach in BPHS health facilities.
24. Implement HQIP tools as per MoPH guidelines.
25. Conduct monitoring of health facilities together with the project team on a random basis.
26. Support the project manager and technical manager in developing Monthly Update briefings.
27. Perform other tasks required by the line manager.
The responsibilities of the position holder are not limited to the duties mentioned above but include carrying out any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Required Professional Experience and Education
- Graduated from a recognized medical university from the faculty of MD/BPH or equivalent.
- Two years of experience in the field of Nutrition with health projects.
- Good communication skills.
- Good knowledge of computer packages.
- High competency and capability of communication with the RHs and Team.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Ability to work with malnutrition cases.
- Ability to use triage methods.
- Communication skills and knowledge of local communities.
- Language proficiency (Dari – Pashto).
- Flexibility for work.
- Ability to travel within the work environment.
National qualified candidates are highly encouraged to apply for the position by clicking on the link below:
Note: The recruitment will be done on a rolling basis and may close as soon as we find the suitable candidate before the closing date of the advertisement.